Could you be our volunteer lead?
Your next volunteering opportunity to make a mark in your community is here. We want to hear from you if you can support our volunteers in developing our Edible Community Garden.
Cultivate Aberdeen has a clear vision to create kind, confident, and connected communities through the power of food growing. How that vision manifests means different things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation and food revolution.
Cultivate Aberdeen is a grassroots volunteer-led charity working to provide sustainable practice education and facilities to communities across Aberdeen and as we start to move out of the recent lockdowns we have a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the benefits of community green spaces for the benefit of mental health and wellbeing, nutrition and reducing food-insecurity, and in promoting sustainability to protect our planet and its wildlife.
The new Volunteer Lead will lead on all aspects of volunteer wellbeing, including developing a strategy to recruit, reward, and retrain volunteers across Aberdeen. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation and as such we’re seeking someone to coordinate, support, and empower our incredible team as a single contact.
Your New Role:
Reporting to our Executive Chairman and our Board of Trustees, you will be responsible as the single contact for volunteers to:
- Support and develop an exciting volunteer strategy
- Increase the diversity of volunteers, be a first point of contact for volunteers, and report to the Board on volunteer wellbeing
- Develop and conduct an annual survey of volunteers to understand where we are performing well and where it could improve
- Help coordinate volunteers to support our activities, managing rotas/emailing monthly volunteer activities across our sites
The role requires a commitment of around 2-5 hours per week which may increase during our key volunteering and fundraising events. You may need to be available to attend meetings at evenings and weekends.
Who You Are:
We are looking for someone with good people management skills, ability to manage a team of volunteers, project management skills and experience, ability to work in a team and collaborate with others, and good communications skills. It is essential you have experience of working with volunteers and managing a team. We’re looking to hear from people of all backgrounds so please get in contact and share your skills with us.
What You’ll Get Joining Cultivate Aberdeen:
- A friendly and welcoming induction course and a variety of training opportunities
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Meet new people, connections, friends, and colleagues
- Play an important part in delivering our vision for communities in Aberdeen
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Cultivate Aberdeen
- Ongoing friendly support and training
To Apply: For an application form email: email@example.com or phone: 01224 034591
Volunteer Lead (volunteer role)
Location: AB10 1BL (Remote/Aberdeen)
Reports To: Executive Chairman, Board of Trustees